Many wedding ceremony and reception questions are answered in the video below.
How is Morningside Inn different from other event venues?
- We treat our clients like family and work tirelessly to make sure your event is perfect in every way! This venue checklist provides a simple way to compare Morningside Inn to our competition. Feel free to print and take on your venue tours!
Will there be other wedding/receptions at the same time as my event?
- Your special day is YOURS; we only host one wedding/reception at a time at our private Maryland wedding venue.
What time can I arrive?
- You may arrive a full two hours before your ceremony.
I have an outside wedding planned, what happens in inclement weather?
- Our staff will move your ceremony inside, including all decorations, chairs, etc., to our window-lined indoor ceremony site.
Must I use the in-house vendors?
- We have a fantastic onsite photographer and florist for your convenience. If you choose to use an outside vendor, they may reference our Vendor Guidelines.
Can I bring in an outside caterer?
- When we opened our doors 20 years ago, we allowed outside catering companies. We found that quality varied drastically between catering businesses and that a quality presentation and taste of the wedding meal is vital to a perfect wedding experience. To ensure food and presentation quality, in 1995, we hired Tim Erfourth as our head chef and guests have raved about Morningside Inn food ever since.
Can I bring in outside liquor, beer, or wine?
- Maryland State Law prohibits our facility to allow outside liquor, beer or wine and as such all alcoholic beverages served or consumed on the property must be supplied by Morningside Inn. This includes the parking lots.
I have a favorite beer and wine, can I serve these at my wedding?
- You may serve unique beer and wine at your wedding. Please alert Morningside’s wedding planner as soon as possible so we may order through our distributor.
Is Morningside Inn handicap accessible?
- Yes! On your wedding day, our staff can direct guests to ramps that access all levels of Morningside Inn. Our staff is always willing to help guests if needed.
What hotels are near Morningside Inn?
- There are many quality hotels to choose from in the Frederick area. Morningside’s wedding planner can help you to decide what hotels are the best fit for your needs and share current group rate special offers.
What time can I have my wedding?
- Friday: Anytime!
- Saturday 11:00 until 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday 6:00 until 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Anytime!
How long can my wedding be?
- Wedding/reception packages include 4 1/2 hours.
- Additional 1/2 hour is available for purchase.
Can I bring in candles?
- Candles placed in a glass container are allowed as decoration.
Can I hang decorations from the ceiling?
- The dining room has a vaulted ceiling with historic wood beams. To maintain the beauty of our facility for all of our clients, we do not allow decorations to be hung from the ceiling.
What is your pet policy?
- Many Morningside brides have included their pet in their outside wedding ceremony! We just ask that after the ceremony, your pet is taken home or back to your hotel as no animals are allowed inside Morningside Inn.
Can I play a wedding slideshow?
- Wedding slideshows are a wonderful way to show your guests the story behind the romance. We can set up a table with audio visual equipment to display your video, just discuss this option with your wedding planner.
How can I reserve my wedding/reception date?
- Your wedding/reception date and time are locked in when you return your event site fee deposit and a signed contract. Wedding reservations are on a first come, first served basis.
Is Morningside Inn on social media?
- Yes! Find us most social media sites @morningside_inn. Also, you can join our newsletter and receive real wedding photographs of Morningside weddings right in your inbox! [wysija_form id=”3″]
Can you provide past client reviews?
- Yes! Please check out past client wedding venue reviews. There are also many reviews on social networks.
Can I see more photographs of real weddings?
- Check out our wedding blog for photos of weddings of every season.
Is there an ATM on the premises?
- There are no ATMs available at our estate. Cash bar events will require guests to have cash on hand.
Does Morningside provide an aisle runner for the ceremony?
- We do not provide an aisle runner for our brides. In our twenty-plus years of experience, we have found that it is tough to weigh the runner down outside. Even the smallest breeze can catch the material and blow it around. To ensure the best possible wedding experience, we do not recommend aisle runners.
Do you provide chair covers?
- While we do provide over 20 different linen choices, we do not provide seat covers. You are free to rent these from a local vendor.
Do you allow materials that scatter during the ceremony or send off?
- We do not allow sparklers, confetti, birdseed or anything else that scatters but bubbles and glow sticks are acceptable.
How many guests should I plan to sit at each dinner table?
- We suggest seating 6-8 guests per table in the dining room. 9 is the absolute max.
Still have questions? Complete the form below and our staff will respond as soon possible.